Education is a partnership involving students, parents, teachers, principals, staff, trustees, school boards, government, and the community. The Parent Involvement Advisory Committee (PIAC) is committed to strengthening this partnership and is committed to assisting parents and school councils in ensuring student success in education.
Lend your voice to consultations this year!
Current TDSB Consultations include:
- Attendance at Schools Outside of Designated Attendance Area (formerly Optional Attendance) (P013). For more information and to have your say here.
TDSB's policy review cycle can be viewed here.
Other policies up for revision in 2019/2020 include:
● Literacy Foundation (merge with P038) (P003)
● Mathematics Foundation (merged with P038) (P004)
● Parent and Community Involvement (P023)
● Fundraising (P021)
● Advertising (P006)
● Alternative Schools (P062)
● Human Rights (P031)
● Fair Dealings (Copyright) (P079)
● Naming Schools and Special Purpose Areas (P047)
● Distribution and Display of Materials for Students and Parents from External
● Allegations of Sexual Harassment and Misconduct (NEW)
● Communication (NEW)
● Recognition of Culturally Significant Observances (NEW)
● Records and Information Management (NEW)
Take a look at PIAC's School Council Toolkit!