Education is a partnership involving students, parents, teachers, principals, staff, trustees, school boards, government, and the community. The Parent Involvement Advisory Committee (PIAC) is committed to strengthening this partnership and is committed to assisting parents and school councils in ensuring student success in education.
Supporting School Councils: Best Practices for Holding an Online Meeting or Event (webinar 21 May)
- Click here to view a recording of the webinar
- Click here to download the slide deck
- Click here to download the Q&A (accessible)
Lend your voice to consultations this year!
TDSB's policy review cycle can be viewed here.
Policy review update:
Public consultations have been postponed until Fall 2020.
● Secondary Program Review, Optional Attendance Policy &
Specialized Schools & Programs Policy: Interim reports will go
the board in April and June. Further consultations and final
board reports have been postponed until Fall 2020.
● Parent and Community Involvement Policy (P023)
● Records and Information Management Policy (new)
● Advertising and Distribution of Materials Policy (new)
The Government of Ontario’s guidelines for the return to school in September can be found here.
The TDSB's return to school plan for September can be found here.
For Covid-19 updates, go to the TDSB site or Toronto Public Health